How To Apply
It's as simple as 1, 2, 3.
View our listings on the rental search page.
Learn more about the properties or schedule showings.
Click "Submit an Application" on any listing to start the process.
General Application Requirements
- Separate applications: it is a requirement that each applicant fill out a separate application, and is 18 years of age or older.
- Complete applications: it is required that applicants complete the entire application on both sides. Failure to supply information can mean denial of the application.
- Signed applications: UTZ PM accepts only signed applications.
- Cosigners: if a cosigner is required, the person applying as a co-signor must complete an application.
- Caregivers: if any tenant residing in the property requires a caregiver, the caregiver must also be 18 years or older, fill out an application, and sign a caregiver agreement prior to occupancy.
- Reasonable accommodations: if the applicant or any persons on the application require reasonable accommodations because of a handicap, the applicant must supply proof of the disability with the application. Applicants must submit a UTZ PM Request for Reasonable Accommodations with the application.
- Support animal: if any tenant or resident requires the assistance of a support animal, it must be disclosed on the application and must be screened through www.petscreening.com.
- Application selection: UTZ PM processes applications after receipt. Selection is not a first-come, first-served process.
- Verifiable identification; when making application, applicants must furnish verifiable photo identification such as drivers’ license, military ID, state ID, or passport. Identification from merchant stores is not acceptable.
The Application/Processing Fee
- A $35.00 application fee, plus processing fees, is required per application, without exception, and is non-refundable.
- Credit and Background check is $45.00, plus processing fees, non-refundable
- There will be a Pet Screening fee of $25 if you have pets or service animal, non-refundable
The general criteria for all applications are good income, credit, and tenant history or ownership of all applicants, proving the ability to support the rental income and care for the property. Negative findings on one or more of the three areas can cause denial of an application: false documentation is immediate grounds for denial of an application.
- All applicants are required to supply reasonable, reliable, and legal documentation on all income; all documentation on income is required in a timely manner.
- Applicants must gross 3x monthly rent.
- Must not exceed 50% of Debt to Income Ratio
- Examples of income are employee records, income tax records, social security documentation, monthly stipends, trust funds, and other sources that will reflect the ability to make monthly rental payments.
- UTZ PM must be able to verify all income sources, and reserves the right to disqualify applicants for failure to prove income, supply adequate documentation, or prove the ability to support rental payments.
- Exception is if applicant has an approved voucher for the difference (If the property accepts vouchers) Any Vouchers from HUD, HSP, Social Security or Disability must be completed and in hand prior to viewing a property.
- Looking for a minimum of 2 paystubs.
- If applicant is moving here for a job, needs to have prior employment history.
- If self-employed, looking for up to 2 years of proof of sustainable income.
- UTZ PM obtains a credit report for all applicants, and does not accept copies of credit reports from applicants, no exceptions.
- Minimum Credit 580 (with few exceptions)
- UTZ PM accepts discharged bankruptcies, if the prospective tenant has re-established good credit.
- Any outstanding judgements will not be considered. Payment would need to be made in full.
- Negative credit reports can be grounds for denial of an application.
Rental History or Property Ownership
- UTZ PM requires a minimum of two (2) years of rental history, and/or homeownership, unless a co-signor is accepted or mitigating circumstances are proven
- All references must be verifiable and family references are not accepted.
- Negative references can be grounds for denial of an application.
Pets will be screened. Support animals have to have their paperwork already from the doctor prior to viewing the property
Acceptance / Denial
- UTZ PM notifies applicants of acceptance or denial within 3-5 business days of application, unless UTZ PM cannot complete verifications. If more documentation is required, UTZ PM will notify the applicant.
- If accepted, applicants are required to follow requirements outlined on the UTZ PM Rental Application for completion of renting.
- All applicants applying together must qualify; denial of one applicant results in the denial of all applicants.
- Giving false information is automatic grounds for denial.
- Applicants do not necessarily need to have all of the above, but if you do not, then the 2 criteria you do meet need to be better than average. Example, if applicants have not rented prior, they are moving out from Mom and Dad's, then they should have some credit established and meet the monthly income requirement.
Responsibility of Applicant
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to inquire from UTZ PM about any information on the application that they do not understand.
- If notified, it is the responsibility of the applicant to accept the offer to rent by submitting a holding deposit and/or security and signing a lease.