Answers to your frequently asked questions
Tenants have a lot of questions, and we’re happy to answer them all. These are a collection of the questions we hear most frequently. If you need help with something else, feel free to contact us, and we’ll assist you as best we can.
What do I need to know before applying for a rental?
- There is non refundable fee for applying
- We do work with section 8 / HUD
- Notify us if you have any pets as they will need to be screened
- Are you working with a licensed Realtor? Please let us know prior to applying.
- Your gross monthly salary needs to be equal to 3 times the monthly rent
- Our application includes criminal background checks and credit reporting
- We will need a copy of the two most recent pay stubs or offer letter to verify reported income
- Rental references and employment references are required
- Incomplete applications/information will not be processed and your application fee will not be refunded
- We require a 600 minimum credit score
- Applications are not accepted on a first come first serve basis, they are presented for consideration as they are received.
How do we pay rent?
Rent is due on the first of the month, and the best way to pay is with our secure online system.
Rent Track - cost $2.95 for ACH link with a checking account, 2.95% of the rent paid if paid by Credit Card or Debit Card - rent track tenants have the option of having their rents reported to the credit agencies. Residents can call RentTrack 866-841-9090 x2- same fees apply.
Tenant Portal through Rent Manager: ACH Checking Account - $2.95 flat fee, Credit or Debit Card - 3.25% of transaction PLUS $3.95 processing fee.
Are there late fees? Can you waive them?Rent is considered late on the fifth, and the late fee is 5 percent of the rental amount. We cannot waive late fees unless you can prove that you sent the payment on time, and we did not receive it on our end.
What if there are several roommates in a property? Can we make multiple rent payments?Each person living in the property can pay their share of rent separately, but everyone on the lease is responsible for the payment of rent. So, if one party falls short, all parties are responsible.
How will we know when maintenance is being performed?If there’s an emergency that is causing a safety or habitability hazard, we’ll send someone out immediately. If it’s not an emergency repair request, we need to send it through the approval process. Once the owner of the property approves the repair, we will contact you to schedule a time for maintenance to come to the property.
Are pets allowed?That depends on the property. If you’re interested in renting out a property that does permit pets, you’ll need to pay a $35 per month pet fee, and the pet will need to be approved. We do not accept Pit Bulls or other breeds that insurance companies consider vicious, and some of our owners have weight restrictions. You’ll need to sign a pet addendum to your lease, and you cannot move in a pet after the lease has already begun, without approval.
Do you accept Section 8 or housing vouchers?Yes
When can I get my security deposit back?We have 45 days after move-out to return your security deposit in full or in part, depending on the condition of the home after you move out. If you’d like the expedited return of your security deposit, we can do that once we have verified there is no damage. There will be a $100 processing fee for expediting a security deposit return.
Will there be inspections of the property?Yes. We require routine inspections on the property during your lease term. Move in inspections, six month inspections, and renewal inspections are tenant responsibility.
What if I have an emergency and it is after hours?Call the main office line 1-888-276-7949 and please follow the telephone prompts. Make sure to leave your name, address and contact number.